This advanced course provides a concise and thorough overview of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges.
At the conclusion of the course, students will:
- Understand recent developments including tax reform proposals to eliminate or cap 1031 exchange tax deferral
- Understand recent IRS guidance on 1031 exchanges including applicable Revenue and Private Letter Rulings
- Learn about the IRS distinctions between property held for sale versus long-term investment
- Understand the IRC Section 1031 tax code and exceptions
- Review an in-depth analysis of partnership/LLC scenarios, reverse and improvement exchanges, related-party transactions, and determine how to avoid common pitfalls.
- In addition, the course covers like-kind requirements for:
- Creative property variations such as perpetual cellular easements (cell towers)
- Transferable development rights (air rights)
- Oil/gas/mineral rights
- Delaware Statutory Trust fractional ownership properties
We are here to answer all your questions about each course. Our solution center team is available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at +1 (312) 321-4460, option 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact Us